For years, social media was that thing I just kept pushing aside.
I’d say: “I’ll get to it later.”
Or, “I have more important things to do now.”
I just never had enough time for it.
All I can say now is that I wish I had a time machine to do things differently.
I’ve seen the power of social media and it’s amazing!
How do you think we have so many amazing party business people connecting every day in the Party Business Think Tank Facebook Group?!
And… Social Media is only becoming MORE important with every day that passes.
But, I’m not expecting to convince you if you aren’t already convinced.
No… I’m hoping these 22 eye opening stats (and some extremely helpful stats at the bottom of the list) will do the convincing.
Have a look ⬇⬇⬇
1. Facebook has 2.41 billion active monthly users (source: Facebook)
2. 65% of them admit to using FB daily! (source: Facebook)
3. Instagram has 1 billion active monthly users (source: TechCrunch)
4. More than 50% of them use Instagram daily! (source: Instagram)
5. Parents (93 percent) are more likely to use social media than non-parents (81 percent). (source: Marketing Sherpa)
Business Awareness Stats:
6. 83% of Instagram users say they discover new products and services on Instagram (source: Facebook)
7. 71% of Facebook users are more likely to buy a product from a business after a POSITIVE social experience (source: Ambassador)
8. 80% of companies online are under the impression that they deliver exceptional social media customer service, while only 8% of their customers say that they agree. (Source: Smart Insights)
9. Customers spend 20% to 40% more money on brands who engage directly with them on social media. (source: Social Media Today)
10. 58% of social media users said they follow brands/businesses through social media (source: MarketingSherpa)
11. One in five page views in the US occurs on Facebook! (source: Infodocket)
12. Highest traffic on Facebook occurs mid-week between 1-3pm (source: bit.ly blog)
13. On Thursdays and Fridays Facebook engagement is 18% higher (source: bit.ly blog)
14. The best time to post on Facebook is 3:00 p.m. on Wednesday. Other optimal times include 12:00–1:00 p.m. on Saturdays and Sundays and 1:00–4:00 p.m. on Thursdays and Fridays. (Source: HubSpot)
15. Average time spent per Facebook visit is 20 minutes (source: Infodocket)
16. Facebook users spend on average 58 minutes per day on the platform (source: Recode)
17. The best days to post on Instagram are Monday and Thursday. The best times to post are 2 a.m., 8-9 a.m., and 5 p.m. (source: CoSchedule)
18. Instagram users spend on average 53 minutes per day on the platform (source: Recode)
19. 500 million of IG users use Instagram Stories every day, ⅓ of the most viewed IG stories are from businesses (source: Instagram)
20. Visual content is more than 40 times more likely to get shared on social media than other types of content. (Source: HubSpot)
21. The most common reasons people follow brands on social media are: (source: Marketing Sherpa)
- An incentive (e.g. contest, discount, gift card)
- Because their friends, family, or colleagues do
- For direct communication to brands for customer service needs
- Having seen the brand’s social media icon (e.g., in email, on website, print ad) during another interaction
22. The top 5 reasons parents use social media are (source: Marketing Sherpa)
- Entertaining content
- Useful content
- Some kind of incentive
- Interested in buying the products
- To get regular coupons/promotions
So, there you have it, 22 stats you absolutely can’t and shouldn’t ignore!